September 17, 2020
Dear Park School Families,
I hope you are all doing well. This week has given us a few days off from the smell of smoke and the bad air quality. It was good to get out and walk again in the sunshine. It would be great if we were able to have this clean air through the weekend!
Mrs. Ramberg, our school counselor, started Lunch Bunch for Park students. Each grade has a weekly 30-minute time to attend Lunch Bunch, where they play games and build community. It is a safe place for your children to see their peers and play games during lunch. Below is the schedule:
- Mondays - 2nd grade at 12:30 pm and 3rd grade at 1:00pm
- Tuesdays - 1st grade at 12:30 pm and 4th grade at 1:00pm
- Wednesdays - reserved for make-up Lunch Bunches (like for Monday holidays)
- Thursdays - 5th grade at 12:30pm and TK/K at 1:00pm
- Fridays – English Learners by invitation (TK-2nd grade at 12:30pm and 3rd-5th grade at 1:00pm)
Next Tuesday we have our first ELAC Meeting from 6:00-7:00pm. We will be talking about how to help your children learn online, find out what supports are in place for your children, and how we monitor attendance. I will discuss learning hubs and answer any questions you have. We will be using Google Meet. meet.google.com/jbt-pbfq-hve or you can join by phone at 1 475-329-0047. The pin is: 972 181 812#
You might be wondering why we have a day off on Monday, September 28th. It is an important holiday for our Jewish families in the District, called Yom Kippur. Therefore, we are taking this day off from school just as we do when we celebrate holidays, such as Christmas.
Parent Teacher Conferences will be the week of Monday, October 5th through Friday, October 9th. Every day your children will be learning until 12:30pm. There will be set conference times in the afternoon for twenty minutes for you to meet your child’s teacher virtually. You will join her Google Meet just as your child does every day. This is an important time of the year where the teachers will ask you questions about your child. They will go over your child’s goals, strengths, and weaknesses. You will hear the teacher’s plan for how she will support your child and discuss how you can support your child at home. The teacher will be reaching out to you about conferences soon.
- ELAC Meeting on Google Meet – Tuesday, September 22nd 6:00-7:00pm
- NO SCHOOL – Monday, September 28th
- Parent Teacher Conferences – Monday, October 5th - 9th 12:30 dismissal for all students
- Fall Break – Monday, October 12th - 16th
Mrs. Haley :)