January 16, 2020
Dear Park School Families,
It has been such an important week at Park School! With the support of the RethinkWaste Environmental Education team we kicked-off compost and recycling with the students at recess and lunch. Rethink Waste is excited to be working with our school community to help reduce waste on campus. They started by delivering new bins to our campus then did class presentations to review compost and recycling with our students. To reinforce the classroom education and support positive bin sorting behavior, the RethinkWaste Environmental Education team has been outside monitoring the new bins. Thank you to Mrs. Houston for leading our Green Team in this endeavor and to Mr. Roberto for being so helpful in this process. The first day we went from having fourteen bags of garbage at lunch to having six bags. What a difference! We will be using the compost for to grow fruits and vegetables in our very own garden.
There is a lot of excitement in the air with the 49’ers NFC Championship game on Sunday. It has been quite a season! Tomorrow we have a school-wide panoramic picture at 9:00am on the upper playground. If your children have any 49er apparel or a Park t-shirt or sweatshirt please have them wear it. If they don’t have either then have them wear red or blue. It will be such a fun picture of our staff and students and a great way to celebrate!
- Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday – Monday, January 20th – NO SCHOOL
- 4-H General Meeting – Tuesday, January 21st 7:15-8:15pm
- PTA Meeting – Thursday, January 23rd from 6:00 – 7:30pm in the Library – Childcare and dinner will be provided
- ELAC Meeting – Tuesday, January 28th 8:00-9:00am
- Science Night – Wednesday, January 29th from 5:30-7:00pm in the LGI – Dinner will be provided
Mrs. Haley :)